Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Can't see .net 5 c# source code

CarlVerret
Novice

Hi,

Been trying to use vTune for both hotspot and assembler code analysis (listadd.dll) Profiler never shows the source code next to the assembler code.  Alway getting message "cannot locate file [xxx.dll] file does not have code of the expected architecture...

Can anyone please help

.net 5.0 c# code, vTune 2021 8.0 on Windows 10 computer.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

I hope your issue is resolved. Since we have not received response from many weeks, we will stop monitoring this thread.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We are checking on this. We will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Could you try including that .dll file in binary search(Refer pic_1.png and pic_2.png) of vtune report and then try re-resolve(Refer pic_3.png)?Please find the attached screenshot for reference.

Try this and let us know the updates.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
CarlVerret
Novice

i've tried all that previously.  Even following your own tutorial as is isn't working at all.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

We are looking into this. We will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

Our VTune dev team is working on the issue : "cannot locate file [xxx.dll] file does not have code of the expected architecture”. I shall let you know once we have solution.

Meanwhile to see the .Net source code, can you please unset or remove this setting from csproj that you followed from the document - step 5

5.Add the following flag to the PropertyGroup section of the listadd.csproj file to enable source code analysis in VTune Amplifier: <DebugType>pdbonly</DebugType>.

(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-cookbook/top/configuration-recipes/profiling-a-net-core-application.html)

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

Are you able to see the source code with the workaround provided?

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

I hope your issue is resolved. Since we have not received response from many weeks, we will stop monitoring this thread.

0 Kudos