Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Does the eval version integrate with VS 2008?

leerjet
Beginner
I wanted to evaluate VTUNE with VS 2008, but the install does not integrate it automatically, and the "Complete Install" option mentioned in Intel's read me (which supposedly has a check box for VS 2008 integration) does not appear as a choice in the latest eval install (as of 3/23/2010).

Anyone know what I could be missing?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You don't give enough information for us to guess what you did. I suppose VTune normally would be installed after the VS C++ compilers are installed (including X64 if on a 64-bit Windows).
0 Kudos
Eric_M_Intel2
Employee

In addition to not working on Intel64, Intel VTune Performance Analyzer for Windows does not integrate into VS2008 on Windows 7 or Windows Vista.

See: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/integration-into-visual-studio-2008-not-working/

Intel VTune Performance Analyzer will work as a stand alone tool in these environments. You just need to specify the path/binary to execute.

Intel Parallel Amplifier which providessimilar functionality to Intel VTune Performance Analyzerwill integrate into VS2008in these environments.

Regards,
Eric M

0 Kudos
jverdicchio
Beginner
I'm trying out the VTune evaluation version with Vista 64 and VS2008. I have Intel FORTRAN with microsoft C linked together. Do I just compile these codes normally or do I have to set any compliation flags?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You need debug symbols (/Zi). Otherwise, you set the optimizations you want to evaluate.
0 Kudos