Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Embedded Tuning

Seth_Gorden
Beginner

I have used VTune Analyzer for Windows before, and I enjoyed the ability to get detailed feedback on software performance. In connection to my current project, I'm wondering if this product (or any optional component thereof) supports embedded devlopment on Windows (with Visual Studio 2005). Has anyone used this product in Windows Mobile (5 or 6) or WindowsCE development in Visual Studio, does VTune have the ability to work with emulators? I will probably still get a current evalution copy and look through the features. But I wanted to put this out into the forum so anyone on a similar project can discuss, or those who own the software can let me know if this is a dead end for embedded development.

Thanks.

-Seth Gorden

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I suppose there is no embedded IA support on Operation System for Windows CE* or Windows Mobile*.

However the product supports on some embedded Linux* Operation System (IA32 based) - check this in release notes to know which OS can be supported.

Please install Linux* Remote Data Collector (RDC) on the server end to work your host machine via network.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos