Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

Getting "No module from Activity was loaded" on .NET service

Mark_Maddox
Beginner
Getting "No module from the activity was loaded" message box when trying to do call graph against a .NET service that start via a script. The service executable is in the "modules of interest" list and both the EXE and the DLL's went through successful instrumentation. I'm using VTune for Windows ver 9.1 on build 210. What gives?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Mark Maddox
Getting "No module from the activity was loaded" message box when trying to do call graph against a .NET service that start via a script. The service executable is in the "modules of interest" list and both the EXE and the DLL's went through successful instrumentation. I'm using VTune for Windows ver 9.1 on build 210. What gives?

Hi,

For .NET service, please use Call graph wizard=>.NET* profiling=>Script/batch invoking the application=>script, working directory, invoked application=>".NET* classes only" or "All .NET* classes and all native modules"

Note if the user selects ".NET* class only"- there is no debug info required for EXE and DLLs. That is to instrumentuser's modules (managed code) dynamically at runtime. If the user needs to profile for nativecode, the user has to compile the modules with compiler's option - "/Zi", linker's options - "/DEBUG", "/Fixed:no".

For same error message from Linux* system - please see my knowledge base, posted at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/failed-on-call-graph-data-collection-by-launching-batch-file/

Thanks, Peter
0 Kudos