Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

How to change disassembly flavor from AT&T to Intel style

Lin_L_Intel
Employee

Vtune shows asm code in AT&T but the code in manual is in Intel style. It sometimes confuses me for different operand orders especially for complex instructions. Could anyone kindly tell me how to change AT&T to Intel style in Vtune?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Click on the 3-line button in the right top corner of VTune UI and choose Options. In Source/Assembly tab there is a configuration for assembler syntax options.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Click on the 3-line button in the right top corner of VTune UI and choose Options. In Source/Assembly tab there is a configuration for assembler syntax options.

0 Kudos
Lin_L_Intel
Employee

Vitaly Slobodskoy (Intel) wrote:

Hi Slobodskoy, thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion, (both GAS and MASM), but nothing changed. It doesn't work.

By the way, I just use vtune to view collected results, without creating a new project. I'm not sure if this will cause any problems.

0 Kudos
Lin_L_Intel
Employee

Vitaly Slobodskoy (Intel) wrote:

Actually it works. The software needs restart to enable the effect.

0 Kudos