Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

How to find a function by name?

fmunkert
Beginner

It seems like an absolute beginner's question, but I have found no way to do that, even after studying the online help:

In the top-down tree of a hotspot analysis of Amplifier XE 2011, how can you search for a function by its name?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

Regards
- Frank

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

If you have a BIG tree for "Top-down tree" report, it is hard to look for specific function.

I suggest to use "Bottom-up" report, all functions will be listed, so you can click on "/Function/Call Stack" (for example) to sort items by function name.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
fmunkert
Beginner
Searching in the "Bottom-up" pane does not help me, because this pane seems to list only functions that have some mininimum "self time". The function that I am searching, however, as almost no "self time"; it are the childrens and grandchildrens of that function which contribute time.

- Frank
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
If your function has no "self time", it will not be in the list of "Bottom-up". There is no idea to search the function (caller) which has childrens (grandchildren) to contribute CPU time. Sorry!

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos