Analyzers
Community support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
4887 Discussions

How to test these parameters

rainlanz
Beginner
Hi, everyone. I'm new to intel vtune. Now, I'm using Intel Vtune Amplifier XE 2011 for experiments. I want to get the L1I/D miss rate, L2 miss rate or LLC miss rate, branch misprediciton etc.I'm confused about so many hardware events. Which hardware events shoud I measure, and how to calculate them(the frmula). Can you recommend me some reference articles.
Thanks very much
Best regards
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Black Belt
Start with some of the preset collection/analysis groups for your CPU architecture, such as the General and memory events categories. You'll need some practice at that level.
For references, I hope the hints posted at the top of the forum will give you a start.
0 Kudos
TimP
Black Belt
Start with some of the preset collection/analysis groups for your CPU architecture, such as the General and memory events categories. You'll need some practice at that level.
For references, I hope the hints posted at the top of the forum will give you a start.
0 Kudos
rainlanz
Beginner
Thank you, TimP.
In fact, I don't know the differences among some events; there are so similiar. But if I collect some of them, most of them vary a lot. So, the problem is I'm confused about some of the similiar events.
For example, the L1 cache miss rate, difference between L1D.REPL and L1D_CACHE_LD.I_STATE. There are many such examples. Maybe I do not understand the materials well. Is there something else can explain these?
a lot of thanks........

0 Kudos