Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

How to use vtune -report the result with assembly?

lokinli
Beginner

Hi ,When I use the microarchitecture analysis in the command line command to collect data, I can't get the result of the assembly instruction using the report command.

Details as follows:

• The command to collect is as follows:

vtune -collect uarch-exploration -result-dir=/home/ningli/code/data/ -app-working-dir /home/ningli/cpu2017/bin  -- /home/ningli/cpu2017/bin/runcpu --config=ning-try-base.cfg --tune=base --iterations=1 --size=test 519.lbm_r

• The resulting export command is as follows:

vtune -report hotspots -r /home/ningli/intel/vtune/projects/cpu2017_base_int_thread_1/r000ue -source-object function=S_regmatch -group-by=basic-block,address -column=block,source,function,instructions,assembly,cpi,address -source-search-dir=/home/ningli/cpu2017/benchspec/CPU/600.perlbench_s/build/ -report-knob show-issues=true -report-output /home/ningli/code/sole_system_x86_code/newResult/test/tset2.csv -format csv -csv-delimiter ,

I got the following error:

vtune: Executing actions 75 % Generating a report
vtune: Error: Source / assembly code for the selected object is not available.
vtune: Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.

vtune: Executing actions 100 % done
vtune: Error: 0x40000023 (User input error)

But I have specified the path to the binary code, and the export command is entered according to the VTune user guide.

What should I do to get the following result with assembly code?

This is the result I want to get:

lokinli_0-1647077919737.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We were able to reproduce this issue from our end and working on this internally.

One workaround(ssh Tunnel):

If you have a web browser on your machine you can try the below steps:

Establish an SSH connection to your server:

ssh -L 127.0.0.1:55001:127.0.0.1:55001 <user name of that server>@<IP>

eg: ssh -L 127.0.0.1:55001:127.0.0.1:55001 abc@192.114.2.18

Run Vtune-backend command as shown below:

vtune-backend --web-port=55001 --enable-server-profiling

after running the above command you can see the output as below:

(No TLS certificate was provided as a --tls-certificate command-line argument thus a self-signed certificate is generated to enable secure HTTPS transport for the webserver: /root/.intel/vtune/settings/certificates/middleware.crt.

Serving GUI at https://127.0.0.1:55001)

Now paste the URL link(eg :https://127.0.0.1:55001) on your web browser and ready to use Vtune GUI(after profiling your application you can view assembly code).

JaideepK_Intel_1-1647515268975.png

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Could you please let us know if the above provided workaround resolved your issue?

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_R_Intel1
Employee

Using your command line arguments for a micro-architecture exploration analysis results generates the following error in the latest vtune command line:
The following column filters were not matched: function, address.
Available values for '-column' option are:
Assembly
Source Line
Clockticks:Self
Instructions Retired:Self
..."

Using the following command line arguments did show assembly code:
vtune -report hotspots -r r007ue -source-object function=compress_file -group-by=basic-block,address -column=block,source,instructions,assembly,cpi

0 Kudos