Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

I can't get VTune 9 to show me Event Ratios

jasonsewall
Beginner
Hello,

I'm trying to see how much bus utilization changes in an 8-thread version of my application versus a 1-thread version.

I've run sampling collectors for each version with BUS_TRANS_ANY.ALL_AGENTS and with CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.BUS, but I can't seem to get VTune to show me the event ratio 'Bus Utilization' that the 'Configure Ratios' dialog identifies as depending on these counters.

My understanding from the online help is to create a sampling view with the necessary inputs to the ratio and VTune will automatically compute the ratio and display it for me.

So I double-click on BUS_TRANS_ANY.ALL_AGENTS in the 'Tuning Browser' and a window opens up. Then I drag 'CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.BUS' onto that window and they are shown together... but no ratios pop up.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? I'm I doing something grossly wrong? Is VTune broken?

Thanks,
Jason
0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Instead, simply double-click on the "Sampling Results" in the Tuning Browser. The resulting display will include all applicable ratios.

0 Kudos