Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Intel vTune Web Server - agent issue

gerd
Beginner

I am trying to use the Web Server interface for vTune Profiler, but when trying to deploy the agent it only offers ways of downloading the agent to the target and using it.

The problem is that the Oneapi installation also has a vtune-agent binary, and I end up with two agent installations on my target device. Isn't there a way to setup the Web Server with the already installed agent in /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/..... ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are checking internally regarding using the available VTune agent with installation. Meanwhile you can manually download and use the agent.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi,

If you want to run VTune server on a remote host that you use for compilation and debugging then you probably do not need to run an agent. Start VTune server with --enable-server-profiling option. This way when you configure collection in VTune you can pick the server itself. It will be the most straightforward way as for VTune the data collection will be local.

If your setup is different, then please describe what you want to achieve. Technically you can run the agent directly from /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/latest/bin64/vtune-agent. You would need to put a config file (amplxe-agent.config.json) and a server certificate next to this executable - you can get those from the agent archive that you download from the server. While this is feasible I do not recommend doing this as you will be modifying product installation and the agent would need to run with elevated privileges as it will need to write to the same folder.

0 Kudos
Johny_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please let us know if the recommendations (mentioned above) resolved your issues.

Regards,

Johny.

0 Kudos
Johny_P_Intel
Employee

Has your issue been resolved? If I don't hear from you within 5 business days, I will assume your support request is resolved and you no longer need assistance

Regards,

Johny

0 Kudos
Johny_P_Intel
Employee

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only!

0 Kudos