Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Intel vtune is very slow when finalizing remote target result

Cui__liwei
Beginner

Hi

I use vtune amplifier 2017 (macos version) to collect profiling result of a linux program(I install linux version in that machine). My sample time is 10mins.

At first it's very slow to display result using GUI, so I set CPU sampling interval to 100ms and use command "amplxe-cl -finalize -r r000ah", hopes that works. But it's still take lots of time to show result -- at least until now.

So what should I do to get the result?

Thanks,

liwei C

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shailen_Sobhee
Employee

Hi Liwei,

We are sorry you are having this problem - we have seen similar issues recently and our engineers are currently looking into the matter.

For now, can you please send me your results folder of your advanced hotspot analysis? If it contains private code, you may wish to send me the package in a private message.

We will then investigate at which step(s) the finalization process is consuming a lot of time.

Secondly, do you observe this problem with other analysis types? (Like basic hotspot and general exploration).

Kind regards,

Shailen

0 Kudos
Cui__liwei
Beginner

Hi Shailen

Please check attachment, which is results folder of basic hotspot analysis. To make problem clear its sampling interval is 10ms. 

I don't meet this problem in advanced hotspot analysis -- wired enough.

Hope it helps.

Liwei C

0 Kudos
Cui__liwei
Beginner

Hi

Is there any progressing?

0 Kudos