Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Internal error with Intel Inspector 2016 Update 1

francois_j_1
Beginner

Hi,

When doing a threading error analysis on an application with Inspector 2016 Update 1, the analysis is terminated due to an internal error. The pin.log then contains the following line:

Pin 2.14 kit 75030
E:  Unable to allocate 1365 bytes in the code cache without exceeding the code cache limit. Consider lowering the high-water mark for code cache flushes (via the -high_water_mark flag)

This happens when the application is compiled with either Visual Studio 2010 or 2013. Also worth mentionning, this error only happens under Windows 7 SP1. I was unable to reproduce it under Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

I can send the result directory via private message if needs be.

Thanks,

Francois

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Thank you of reporting this.

What is your application type? 32bit or 64bit? Sometime, if you built a big 32bit application, and Inspector will consume extra memory to exceed 2GB memory boundary to cause PIN failure.

Please send me private message with problematical result directory. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I have received your result directory, and escalated this issue to developer. I will get back to you soon if any progress.

0 Kudos
francois_j_1
Beginner

Hi,

I was wondering if any progress had been made on this issue. 

If there's anything I can do to help you solve this issue, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Francois

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Sorry for delay. I have pinged developer to check if any clue or need other info from you.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Just update, if someone has simliar problem, please try 2017 beta version. Thanks to Francois!!! who did big efforts (providing debug info, logs, testing new version, etc) to support problem fix.

0 Kudos