Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Introductory video on Intel(R) Thread Checker for Linux - please check out and provide feedback

Ravi_V_Intel
Employee

Please check out a 12-minute introductory video on "Intel Thread Checker for Linux":

http://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/introduction-to-intel-thread-checker-for-linux

What do you think about it? What aspects of the video were most helpful? What aspects were least helpful? What aspects are missing that you would like to see in future videos? Please provide feedback.

Also, please let us know what other topics you would like to see videos on?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
asenjo
Innovator

I liked it very much. Very didactic and certainly convincing video. I hear about thread checker some time ago and I've never have time to check it out. But now I know it's a very useful tool that I will certainly use soon. The only small suggestion is that you can probably save a bit of video time by having the .html files preopened in different firefox tabs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
asenjo
Innovator

I liked it very much. Very didactic and certainly convincing video. I hear about thread checker some time ago and I've never have time to check it out. But now I know it's a very useful tool that I will certainly use soon. The only small suggestion is that you can probably save a bit of video time by having the .html files preopened in different firefox tabs.

0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Thank you for the feedback - I appreciate it. Your suggestion regarding having an open firefox tab is an excellent idea - it'd save valuable time.

Intel Thread Checker, I personally think, is a real fine tool - an essential one since it identifies correctness issues (as Anton, one of my fine colleagues, would say "it identifies both actual issues as well as potential issues").

best regards

Ravi

0 Kudos
YannGolanski
Beginner
Quoting - RAVI (Intel)

Please check out a 12-minute introductory video on "Intel Thread Checker for Linux":

http://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/introduction-to-intel-thread-checker-for-linux

What do you think about it? What aspects of the video were most helpful? What aspects were least helpful? What aspects are missing that you would like to see in future videos? Please provide feedback.

Also, please let us know what other topics you would like to see videos on?

Thank you!

The whole thing is clear, informative and gives a good idea of what one can expect from thread checker. I would have spend a little more time talking about the information level -- why are they there? Do they need fixing? ... -- but otherewise, it is good.

0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the feedback - your point is quite valid. Your feedback suggests that it may be helpful to have an article on

* what the various kinds of diagnostics mean and what to do with them.

* a sampler of various actual diagnostics and suggested course of action for the diagnostics

0 Kudos