Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

Line number information is not available for this module.Only Disassembly view will be available.

chitta1239
Beginner

Hi,

As per the Vtune Help document ,for adding symbol and line number information into a class file ,it should be compiled with
-g option.
I compiled a class file with -g option and lunched it's batch file in Vtune.Then i tried to drill down to hotspots to view the source code, did not able to see the source view, got this message "Line number information is not available for this module.Only Disassembly view will be available.Do you want to continue?".Then if i say "Yes",assembly code view will be displayed.
How can i able to see the source code view?If i need any other things to do before/after lunching,let me know.Please HELP me.
-Chitta

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
-g option is required not only for the function you are interested in, but also for the entire call tree, and the link step.
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - chitta1239

Hi,

As per the Vtune Help document ,for adding symbol and line number information into a class file ,it should be compiled with
-g option.
I compiled a class file with -g option and lunched it's batch file in Vtune.Then i tried to drill down to hotspots to view the source code, did not able to see the source view, got this message "Line number information is not available for this module.Only Disassembly view will be available.Do you want to continue?".Then if i say "Yes",assembly code view will be displayed.
How can i able to see the source code view?If i need any other things to do before/after lunching,let me know.Please HELP me.
-Chitta

You mentioned to use "-g" option to combine debug info into a class file. We are not ware of this problem before, please submit the issue with test case (java file and class file), JRE version, data collection type to https://premier.intel.com for investigation.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos
techtalk
Beginner
Quoting - chitta1239

Hi,

-g option.
-Chitta

You mentioned to use "-g" option to combine debug info into a class file. We are not ware of this problem before, please submit the issue with test case (java file and class file), JRE version, data collection type to https://premier.intel.com for investigation.

Regards, Peter

Has this issue been resolved ? I also compiled my driver with -g option and it shows the function name correctly but I get the same error above whereby only "disassembly" would be available
0 Kudos
poncos
Beginner
Hello,
I'm evaluating the Vtune product with a C/C++ project (concretly, a project based on openLDAP) but I'm having problems to make drill-down to source code from VTune analyzer view. Once I extract performance data from my application, I view by eclipse the most active functions list, but when I click on anyone of them I only can view the assembler code.
Of course I compiled with "-g" option "cc -g -o xxx -Lxxx" and "g++ -g ..."
The field "File name" on functions table is empty, but with other simpler projects (this project has a lot of source files in several subfolders) I can view source code and this field is fill.
thanks!!
0 Kudos