Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Multiple floating license files

Dmitry1
Beginner
My company just bought two identical VTune floating licenses. What we got from a reseller is two separate license files, each for one license. How should this be installed -- the license server has both files and so does every developer, or should both license files be merged manually into one?

I would expect to get a single file for two licenses.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lina_L_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Dmitry
My company just bought two identical VTune floating licenses. What we got from a reseller is two separate license files, each for one license. How should this be installed -- the license server has both files and so does every developer, or should both license files be merged manually into one?

I would expect to get a single file for two licenses.

Hi Dmitry,
The User's guide on the server will be installed after the FLEXlm license manager is installed.
Please refer to Combining Multiple License Files session in Chapter 4: Using the Client Application
for the First Time.
I copy thw instructions here for your reference:
To combine license server files of different products into a single license file, follow these steps:
1. Concatenate the files
2. Remove the duplicate SERVER and VENDOR lines
To combine license server files for the same product:
1. Concatenate the files
3. Remove the PACKAGE line.
Note that expiration dates can be different, and the number of seats can be different. For nonserver
licenses, the INCREMENT line is replaced by a FEATURE line. If a license server file has a
FEATURE line instead of an INCREMENT line, you must generate a new license.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Thank you.

Lina
0 Kudos
Lina_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Dmitry,
The User's guide on the server will be installed after the FLEXlm license manager is installed.
Please refer to Combining Multiple License Files session in Chapter 4: Using the Client Application
for the First Time.
I copy thw instructions here for your reference:
To combine license server files of different products into a single license file, follow these steps:
1. Concatenate the files
To combine license server files for the same product:
1. Concatenate the files
3. Remove the PACKAGE line.
Note that expiration dates can be different, and the number of seats can be different. For nonserver
licenses, the INCREMENT line is replaced by a FEATURE line. If a license server file has a
FEATURE line instead of an INCREMENT line, you must generate a new license.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Thank you.

Lina

Hi Dmitry,
We have created a knowledge base article on this for your future reference at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/combine-floating-license-files/.
Hope you enjoy it.
Thank you.

Lina
0 Kudos
Dmitry1
Beginner
Awesome. Thanks Lina!

I actually saw the document and read part of it, but I somehow missed this section :(.

Dmitry
0 Kudos
Lina_L_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Dmitry
Awesome. Thanks Lina!

I actually saw the document and read part of it, but I somehow missed this section :(.

Dmitry

Dmitry,
You are welcome! Please feel free to get back to us once you have any other problems.

Lina
0 Kudos