Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

NetCore 3.1.100 Source Code view

Ostrowski__Marcin

Dear All,

I'm not able to get source code view for NetCore 3.1.100 application. Proof of concept app is compiled with full debug info. PDB and source file location is provided. VTune is launched with admin permissions. I'm trying to follow guidelines from https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/net-core-source-code-analysis-with-intel-vtune-amplifier/ but no matter what options are selected I have no luck getting source code view.

Product versions:

• Inter VTune Amplifier 2019 Update 8
  • Visual Studio 2019 16.4.1
  • NetCore 3.1.100

VTune is not complaining about missing sources or PDBs (see screen). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Best Regards & thanks in advance,

Marcin Ostrowski

5 Replies
ChaoLiu
Novice

Hello @Denis_P_Intel  any update about this ? is there any plan to support those newer versions of .Net Core ?

0 Kudos
Denis_P_Intel
Employee

Hello. Thanks for contacting me. We've fixed some bugs since then, and could you please try the latest VTune to see if the problem persists?

Thanks,

Denis

ChaoLiu
Novice

Hi @Denis_P_Intel  thanks for your reply,  but I still failed to view the source code, there are many warning like this  Cannot locate file `xxxx`. `xxx` does not have code of  the expected architecture. Make sure to specify the correct path to the file in the Binary/Symbol Search is of directories.

0 Kudos
Denis_P_Intel
Employee

Which VTune version are you using?

0 Kudos
ChaoLiu
Novice

@Denis_P_Intel  the latest one 2021.7.  below is my Binary/Symbols settings

ChaoLiu_1-1631613290349.png

you can see there are many not a valid .NET Core symbol file errors

ChaoLiu_0-1631613155027.png

0 Kudos