Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Non-commerical VTune analyzer for Linux?

David_A_Intel1
Employee
Just wondering how many of you have taken advantage of the non-commercial version of the VTune analyzer for Linux and whether or not is it proving useful to you?
Do you think it is a good thing that Intel is making a non-commercial version available?
Are you happy with the non-commercial version?
I am inviting all feedback regarding the non-commercial version of the VTune analyzer for Linux. We are interested to hear what you have to say!
Thank you,

Message Edited by DaveA on 11-12-2004 11:19 AM

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
It seems that nobody is using the non-commercial version and that we should stop making it available. Pity...

Message Edited by DaveA on 03-28-2005 03:31 PM

0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher
OR, nobody knows about it.
Still.
:)
0 Kudos
rpb
Beginner
Hello !!

I got to know about the non comm version through this posting. It was good to see that Intel offers such a thing..:-)

And I guess the non comm versions will be just as great as the commercial versions, because it follows from the Intel FAQ that there's no difference b/w the two..I will download, install and let you know..

Thanks,
rpb
0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher
ABSOLUTELY. Please report back here, and let us know how it goes, and what you think.
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos
jmckinne
Beginner
I would like to use it (the non-commercial version) for research purposes (i.e. optimizing science code). But apparently there's no Mandrake 10 support or kernel 2.6.3 support or whatever is the issue.
0 Kudos
bijilash_babu
Beginner
Re: to DaveA's comments,
The first VTune version I used was a non commercial one.
though I had to go for VTune 7.2 because of more options.

I think there are others who use the stuff,they may not be
visiting this forum. So I think if its of no harm why
should Intel stop this edition. :)
0 Kudos