Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

One or more components did not load correctly. you may need to reinstall the product

Beginner

Hi!

I try to install the Performance Analyzer 9.1 Build 385 on a Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit with an Intel Core i7 processor, but get the above error message when starting the application. What to do?

Best regards

Ralf

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Are you running the program as Administrator or as a user that belongs to the Administrators group? You need to be either an Administrator or a Power User to use the VTune analyzer. See the Release Notes for information about configuring a Power User's account to use the analyzer, there are a couple more settings that need to be configured by an administrator.

0 Kudos
Beginner

Thanks for the answer!

My Win7 user account is an Administrator account. I get the error message even if I start the analyzer as "Start as an administrator".

I have not found any information about power user in the release notes. Power users have less rights than administrators and that consept has been replaced by the user account control in WinVista and Win7, right? (My UAC wasand is disabled.)

Could you please tell me more about "that need to be configured by an admin".

Best regards

Ralf

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Okay, well, now that you've told me you are using Windows* 7, can you tell me which version of the VTune analyzer you are using? Only version 9.1 Update 7 supports Windows 7, and only for sampling.

0 Kudos
Beginner

As mentioned in my first posting it is version 9.1 build 385. I found this in the info dialog. That windowalso states a two different copyrights of the Performance Analyzer. One is from 2000 to 2008 and the other (in the list) is from 2000 to 2009.

And yes, I installed the James Bond version"vtune91_007_win.exe".

Best regards

Ralf

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Thanks, Ralf. Sorry for missing the version in the first post.

All I can suggest, now, is that you try logging into the Adminstrator account and verify that it works or doesn't work there.

I don't know if any limitations for using the VTune analyzer's sampling feature on Windows 7, so I can only assume that there is some system configuration that is causing you trouble. Thus, my desire for you to try the "full" Administrator account.

0 Kudos
Beginner

Actually I'm already using the full administrator account. There is only one account on this computer. But when I got this PC I have renamed the account from Admin2 to RH. That caused trouble when using Remote Desktop, as it does not work to log in with "RH". I have to log in with "Admin2". So I tried now to rename my accound to Admin2 and started vTune, but still get the error message. If you think that this might help I could alsotryto deinstall vTune, rename the account to Admin2, install and start vTune.

Best regards

Ralf Homering

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Actually, I have the following suggestions:

1. Please uninstall, then recursively delete the installation directory (typically, C:\Program Files\Intel\VTune), and re-install.
  2. If you still receive this message, please export the registry key 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intel Corporation\VTune Performance Environment\6.0\Shell' and attach the file to your reply (see "Add Files" button and add as attachment).
0 Kudos
Beginner

Please see the attachment

Best regards

Ralf

0 Kudos