Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

Output from Inspector and application together?

erling_andersen
New Contributor I

I am using Intel Inspector on Windows and it finds some uninitialized reads in command line application.

Now I would like Inspector to output that together with output of my program just like valgrind i.e.

My program: Bla bla.

My program: Bla2 Bla2.

Inspector: Unitialized read ....

My program: Bla 3 bla3

Is that possible?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Actually it is "ready" feature to support of displaying code snippet with problem report, add option "-verbose". For example:

>inspxe-cl -R problem -verbose -r r008ti3

0 Kudos
erling_andersen
New Contributor I

What if you use the GUI? Can set this option in the GUI.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

There is no extra work (option) to do on GUI, just open result file, click on the problem, then display problematic source.

insp_src.png

0 Kudos
erling_andersen
New Contributor I

I do that. However, it just tells me where it happens in source and not when e.g. which data triggers the situation.

When I can see when the uniniatialized reads happens in the conjunction with output. Then I have a much better idea where and what to look for.  That valgrind does that and it helps me a lot.

0 Kudos
erling_andersen
New Contributor I

Btw when using the GUI I can see

inspxe-cl -collect ti3 -knob terminate-on-deadlock=false -knob stack-depth=16 -knob scope=normal -knob remove-duplicates=true -knob use-maximum-resources=false  ...

I have search the HELP but I cannot find find which -knob there are available.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

>...it just tells me where it happens in source and not when e.g. which data triggers the situation.

It's true...if there are some variables (data) in one statement...but usually it happened in array for most invalid accesses, for uninitialized read, there are only limited data to be checked:-)

>I have search the HELP but I cannot find find which -knob there are available.

Just use, "inspxe-cl -knob-list ti3" to know all supported knob's options.

0 Kudos