Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

PC crashing with a BSOD while installation

Praveen__Harshwardha

I am trying to install the Intel visual FORTRAN compiler using the Parallel Studio XE 2018 update 1 package for students. The installation runs just fine up to the installation of Intel VTune Amplifier but the PC crashes with a BSOD while installing the same.
I am running Windows 10 and have Visual Studio 2017 installed on my PC.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello,

To unblock you with compiler installation: you can disable the VTune Amplifier component via Customize... dialog of Parallel Studio installation.

In order to explore on VTune Amplifier install problem, please let us know details of your system configuration:

1. Your Windows 10 build ID

2. Your hardware specification

3. State of Hyper-V and Device Guard security features 

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
A new amplifier install has to remove any previous amplifier installation, including drivers. This could fail various ways, including the possibility that one was installed and not cleanly removed prior to conversion of older Windows to win10.
0 Kudos
Praveen__Harshwardha

It is a HP 15-ab221tx with Intel core i5-5200u cpu @ 2.20ghz 2.19Ghz, x64 operating system.
The windows is Version 1703 (OS build 15063.726). Hyper-V is enabled and running. Device guard isn't enabled.

I tried disabling VTune Amplifier component from the installation dialog. The installer is unable to remove the component for further installation process. I have attached the log files.

0 Kudos