Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Problem running vtune 9.1 on Fedora 10 x86_64

Joakim_Storrank
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I have some issues getting VTune 9.1 (build 152) running on Fedora 10 x86_64. I realize that Fedora 10 is not a supported distribution, but judging from other posts on this forum it should be possible to get it working. The problem is that I can't get vtlec running (even after setting OTHER_JVM_BINDIR="/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.2.1/jrockit-R27.2.0-jre1.5.0_10/bin" and OTHER_ECLIPSE_BIN="/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.2.1/eclipse/eclipse"); it exits with an error message in my workspace/.metadata/.log (quite lengthy, the complete message can be found here: http://dpaste.com/113454/)

The errors seem to boil down to the following:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /export/home/aton2/mmolsa/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/64/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so: /export/home/aton2/mmolsa/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/64/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

and:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load /export/home/aton2/mmolsa/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/64/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so

depending on which java interpreter is used (the first one reports java 1.6 from Sun, the second one java 1.5 from BEA Systems).

The "wrong ELF class" error message seems clear enough, but shouldn't OTHER_JVM_BINDIR make sure that the correct java interpreter is used? Or am I missing something here? Also, it seems that no matter what I set the environment variables to, the same error messages come up (not just the ones above, also PATH, JAVA_HOME etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - Joakim Storrank
Hello everyone,

I have some issues getting VTune 9.1 (build 152) running on Fedora 10 x86_64. I realize that Fedora 10 is not a supported distribution, but judging from other posts on this forum it should be possible to get it working. The problem is that I can't get vtlec running (even after setting OTHER_JVM_BINDIR="/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.2.1/jrockit-R27.2.0-jre1.5.0_10/bin" and OTHER_ECLIPSE_BIN="/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.2.1/eclipse/eclipse"); it exits with an error message in my workspace/.metadata/.log (quite lengthy, the complete message can be found here: http://dpaste.com/113454/)

The errors seem to boil down to the following:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /export/home/aton2/mmolsa/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/64/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so: /export/home/aton2/mmolsa/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/64/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

and:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load /export/home/aton2/mmolsa/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.2.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/64/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so

depending on which java interpreter is used (the first one reports java 1.6 from Sun, the second one java 1.5 from BEA Systems).

The "wrong ELF class" error message seems clear enough, but shouldn't OTHER_JVM_BINDIR make sure that the correct java interpreter is used? Or am I missing something here? Also, it seems that no matter what I set the environment variables to, the same error messages come up (not just the ones above, also PATH, JAVA_HOME etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi.

I did try VTune -v9.1 EVAL version but with FC#8, x86_64, simply calling vtl(CUI) or vtlec(GUI) as /vtune/vtl or /vtune/vtlec and both were fine.

Try installing once again with proper root permission and steps as needed.

~BR

0 Kudos
Joakim_Storrank
Beginner
Ah, I figured it out - apparently the 32-bit version of libXtst was missing, but the error message got lost in the clutter somewhere. Thanks anyway!
0 Kudos
wangsom
Beginner
Quoting - Joakim Storrank
Ah, I figured it out - apparently the 32-bit version of libXtst was missing, but the error message got lost in the clutter somewhere. Thanks anyway!

Hi Joakim Storrank,

I have the same problem like as you. Can you solve this problem and How?
How can I install libXtst for fix it?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
geoffrey-burling
Employee

Hi Joakim Storrank,

I have the same problem like as you. Can you solve this problem and How?
How can I install libXtst for fix it?

Thank you,

libXtst is a separate RPM -- which makes finding and downloading the missing files simple. You can find the RPM either at the old standby rpmfind.net, or from the Fedora website; I found it listed at https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/libXtst Use your favorite package installer tool to add it to your system.

Exactly which version of libXtst you'll need is a question I can't answer. Joakim's complete error message has vanished from the URL he links to above. So you'll have to do the important part of identifying which version of libXtst is needed by reading through your error message -- but since you know what to look for, that should not be a problem.

Geoff
0 Kudos
Joakim_Storrank
Beginner
IIRC I did exactly what Geoffrey said, I installed libXtst using yum and it worked fine. I don't recall whether I had to explicitly install the 32-bit version of the package or not (or whether I installed just libXtst or libXtst-devel too), but installing both probably doesn't hurt.

EDIT: the original problem may have been that the 32-bit version of libXtst didn't get installed by default. So installing libXtst.i386 should help.
0 Kudos