Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Project exe stopped working with Intel VTune Amplifier XE2013

sairabanu
Beginner

I have made a program which works fine with Visual Studio 2013.

But when i tried to use the amplifier for getting the results it stopped and gave an error such as project exe stopped working.

I also checked amplifier for other programs it works fine.

But when i link this program with amplifier its giving an error.

iam not able to figure out this error why it has happened whether the error is in program or not.

Kindly help me in this regard.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi sairabanu :

What analysis type are you trying to use?  If you are using the command line, what is your VTune Amplifier command line invocation?  If you are using the graphical user interface, what are your project settings, that is, is VTune Amplifier launching your app?  Are you attaching to a running process?  Etc.?  Need more details about what you are doing.

0 Kudos
sairabanu
Beginner

Hi Anderson

We are using Graphical interface and Vtune amplifier is launching or application.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Thanks.

Basic hotspots or advanced-hotspots or ???

Is it managed code, e.g., C#, or unmanaged, e.g., C/C++? 

0 Kudos
sairabanu
Beginner

Hi anderson,

we are running advanced hotspot with General exploration to determine the cache miss rate parameters of our program.

It is code in C.

I will send u the code as well as the file it required to run the code as attachment.

Kindly help in this regard.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>But when i tried to use the amplifier for getting the results it stopped and gave an error such as project exe stopped working>>>

Can you provide more detailed description of that error?

0 Kudos