Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Searching for VTune remote windows agent

abell9
Beginner

I'm a new VTune user (with an evaluation installation) and am trying to use it in a different way than I've seen discussed in this forum. I've used VTune Analyzer and the Thread Profiler successfully on an Intel dual core with 2.66 GHz - 3 GHz of RAM - Win XP Pro sp2. But I'd like to use the Analyzer as the controller from a virtual machine running W2k3 Server R2. The remote agents would be on the physical Windows platforms. I've see a lot of discussion in the forum about using the Linux remote agent, and I've seen the download link at the Intel web site for that agent. But I don't see a lot mentioned about the Windows agent. Just to try to get something going I installed both products on the virtual machine as well as the physical machine and tried to make a first connection, however the Analyzer produced an error message that said the remote machine refused the connection and this problem is typical of when the server on the remote machine is not running. It mentions that VTServer should be running.
I have not seen a VTServer for Windows on the Intel software website, and some threads in this forum mention that there is a Windows agent, but there is no description of how to use it, nor any problems using it.
Can anyone shed some light on this topic? Can Windows remote performance measuring be done with VTune products?

Thanks foryour help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Remote Data Collection on Windowsis not available in VTune Analyzerany longer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
However, you can remotely collectdata from systems runningLinux, as usual.
PS: If you find any references to it in any recent versions of the VTune documentation, please alert us. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Remote Data Collection on Windowsis not available in VTune Analyzerany longer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
However, you can remotely collectdata from systems runningLinux, as usual.
PS: If you find any references to it in any recent versions of the VTune documentation, please alert us. Thank you.
0 Kudos