Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Static analysis, inspxe-inject doesn't work (Fortran, on a linux box)

Kai
Beginner

Hi,

i'm working on a hugh Fortan project which is build through several Makefiels, so the regular approach of the static analysis will not work for me. Also I'm working on a Linux maschine, thats why the VS-solution will not work as well.

So I tried to use the specfile-approach, but inspxe-inject doesn't work. The spec-file is created but the content is empty

the command:

inspxe-inject -save-spec spec1.spec -- make

creates a soec file, that looks like:

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!!!
# Source Checker Build Specification Format, version 1.0.0

Then I tried to use a simple example to check, if it is a problem of the code or of inspxe-inject.

program summation
implicit none
integer :: val1, val2
val1 = 1
val2 = 2
print*, "the result is: ", (val1+val2)
end

with the Makefile:

FC = ifort
#FCFLAGS = -openmp -shared-intel -shared-libgcc
all: main
main: main.f90
$(FC) $(FCFLAGS) main.f90 -o main
EXECUTABLES = main
clean::
rm -f main

does anyone has an idea what i did wrong? - what else can I try to do?

Thank you,

Kai

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Actually you don't need to use these internal command lines, use: ifort -diag-enable sv3 main.f90 "r000sc" sub-directory will be generated in current directory, use: inspxe-cl -report problems -r r000sc, or use inspxe-gui to open result.
0 Kudos
Kai
Beginner
Peter Wang (Intel) wrote:

Actually you don't need to use these internal command lines, use:

ifort -diag-enable sv3 main.f90
"r000sc" sub-directory will be generated in current directory, use:
inspxe-cl -report problems -r r000sc, or use inspxe-gui to open result.

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply! Yes, for this example you're right. but this way, how i mentioned before, will not work for the real project I'm working on. because I can't change the build process of that program.
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Kai wrote:

Quote:

Peter Wang (Intel) wrote:

Actually you don't need to use these internal command lines, use:

ifort -diag-enable sv3 main.f90
"r000sc" sub-directory will be generated in current directory, use:
inspxe-cl -report problems -r r000sc, or use inspxe-gui to open result.

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply!

Yes, for this example you're right. but this way, how i mentioned before, will not work for the real project I'm working on. because I can't change the build process of that program.

Assume that you will build many modules in a real project. If it is the case, you might do sveral times of SSA - module based, and open results for modules respectively.
0 Kudos
Kai
Beginner
Thank you for your help, I just went trough the makefiles and added the compilerflags. Took some time but it works now! Thanks again! Kai
0 Kudos