Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Strange GUI error on Vtune 9.1 on Ubuntu 9.1

mark_redekopp
Beginner

Hi all

I have Vtune 9.1 (build 20091224401) installed on Ubuntu karmic (9.1). I can launch Vtune okay but I get wierd mouse handling errors such as:

1.) After running a sampling when I try to horizontally scroll through the main sampling results window I click once and it scrolls over and over continuously until I hit some kind of escape sequence.

2.) In the sampling wizard project setup, clicking the "Next" button sets the focus on the NExt button but doesn't register the click.

When you put the things like this together its almost as if we are missing some kind of 'mouse-up' event. But I get normal behavior in other windows and areas like the toolbar.

I've replicated this behavior using two difference X servers (VNC running a gnome-session on the machine) as well as running my Cygwin X server on my local PC.

I tried both the sun-java6-jre and the openJDK-6-jre

Right now VTUNE is pretty much unusable and I'm not sure what is wrong or if it can be fixed.

thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I didn't hear this before, but it seems that Ubuntu* 9.04 (2.6.28-11-generic) is claimed to be supported in VTune Analyzer 9.1 U7. Could this problem be reproduced in Ubuntu* 9.04? -Peter

0 Kudos