Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Unable to use "Cycles and uOps" analysis

Mandar_Gurav
Beginner

I am unable to run "Cycles and uOps" analysis under Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge / Haswell Analysis. It says - This analysis type is only defined for the processors based on the intel microarchitecture code name Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge.

I am running vtune as administrator and "Run as Administrator". System details are 

Product version: Update 5 (build 274450)

Processor : intel i5-3570 @ 3.4 GHz - Turbo boost disabled

Memory: 8GB

Can anyone help me on this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi:

Are you able to run General Exploration and/or Lightweight-Hotspots on the system?

0 Kudos
Mandar_Gurav
Beginner

Yes both analysis I can run.

Under "Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge / Haswell Analysis" It gives the same error message for "Branch Analysis" Others in this group don't have this problem.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
LLess
Beginner

I have the same issue here I7 3770K Windows 7 X64.

VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 5 (Build 274450).

Laurent.

0 Kudos
salec83_s_
Beginner

Tested

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I just tried this problem in the system, "Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1" with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz,

I cannot reproduce this problem.

1. (Assume that your account has "administrator" privilege) Ran cmd as administrator

2.  VTune Amplifier XE 2013\amplxe-vars.bat

3. amplxe-cl -version ; showed Update 6 (build283589)

4. amplxe-cl -collect-list; should see "snb-cycles-uops" event

5. amplxe-cl -collect snb-cycles-uops -duration 10; it worked

0 Kudos
Mandar_Gurav
Beginner

Thanks.

Can we run this via GUI mode?

I reported this issue to intel premier support. They could reproduce this issue and confirmed it. But, we are still stuck.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Mandar Gurav wrote:

Thanks.

Can we run this via GUI mode?

I reported this issue to intel premier support. They could reproduce this issue and confirmed it. But, we are still stuck.

Absolutely I can run this on GUI.

It is great that you communicated with support engineer via Intel Premier, since you can provide more system info with log file by using amplxe-feedback. Also you can query the progress on Intel Premier.

0 Kudos