Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

VTune reports Haswell server as unsupported architecture

TimP
Honored Contributor III
We are able to perform basic sampling under Windows 2012 on an E5-2699 v3 Haswell server. When we try to set up a General Exploration analysis it displays the window for a fraction of a second where it is determining architecture, then reports "unsupported architecture." If we start the VTune run, it quits immediately. Amplifier XE 2015 build 367959, Evaluation installation Execution engine is CPlex. We don't expect to view source code, simply hoping to evaluate whether cache behavior is a bottleneck.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Tim:

Public support for v3 has not yet been released.  If you have early hardware, please submit an issue requesting NDA support.  Watch for public support in a future update.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I did file a premier issue (6000067753) on this, thinking the situation may be what you have just confirmed.

I thought this product had already been formally released.

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

I believe it was a timing issue.  The processor was launched after our 2015 gold bits were built.  We have to wait for the processor to be publicly available before we can *release* a build that supports it.  Thus, the release *after* launch is the one that supports a newly launched processor.  I am verifying that with the team and will update this thread once I receive confirmation.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

I was correct.  Our next update should add public support for the v3 Xeon processors.

0 Kudos