Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

VTuneAPI for Java not found in VTune3.0 on Linux

Zhiqiang_Y_Intel
Employee
Hi.
I am using Vtune 3.0 on Redhat Liunx 7.3. my vtune uses the compete installation.
I want to use the VTuneAPI (Pause/Resume) to control the profiling of java application, however, I can not find the VTuneAPI class. (it is supposed to be located in the "/analyzer/bin/com/Intel/VTune" directory according to the User's Guide document)
What is the problem? is it missing in the installation package? does anyone knowhow to get it?Your help will be highly appreciated!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jeffrey-gallagher
It's probably there, nelson_yu.
Take a look in here:
/opt/intel/vtune/analyzer/bin/lib
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos
Zhiqiang_Y_Intel
Employee
Hi, jdgallag
It seems that there is No VTuneAPI class in the directory "/opt/intel/vtune".
I made a search on this directory, no related class/jar file is found. most of the jar files are located in eclipse/plugins and seems that they have nothing to do with the VTuneAPI(Pause/Resume).
0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher
AH. I see your question now.
Absolutely correct, a .jar file is not the level of support that we provide there: your installation is not missing anything.
In fact the entirety of what is supported is located in the VtuneApi.h file, located here (by default):
/opt/intel/vtune/analyzer/include/VtuneApi.h
If you'll take a look in there, you'll see the declarations and usage models for the only APIs that we support currently.
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher
hey nelson_yu
I ran your note by the engineering team responsible for managed environments and they confirm that the class file you seek, VTuneAPI.class, is absent from the release, precisely as you reported. By default, it SHOULD have been posted to
/analyzer/bin/com/Intel/VTune
and
/analyzer/bin/com./Intel VTune
You are right that it's not there and that it should be.
Stay tuned here! We should be able to give you an update on procuring this class soon.
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos
Zhiqiang_Y_Intel
Employee
Hi, jdgallag
Thanks for your reply!
Now I have solved the problem. After I installed the Remote DataCollection package for Linux (setup_rdc.tar),I foundthe VTuneAPI class.
And it works! :-)
0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher
VERY interesting! Thanks for reporting back!
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos