Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

Virus Checker Messages after installing Parallel Studio Update 2

Stephen_Sutcliffe
New Contributor II

I've just completed the installation of the latest Parallel Studio update and Kaspersky immediately detected the following possible issues.

quarantined: Trojan program HEUR:Trohan.Win32.Generic (modification)  file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32\tccore.dll//PE_Patch.Juba

quarantined: Trojan program HEUR:Trohan.Win32.Generic (modification)  file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32\tccore.dll

quarantined: Trojan program HEUR:Trohan.Win32.Generic (modification)  file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32\tlcore.dll//PE_Patch.Juba

quarantined: Trojan program HEUR:Trohan.Win32.Generic (modification)  file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32\tlcore.dll

quarantined: Trojan program HEUR:Trohan.Win32.Generic (modification)  file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32\tcwicore.dll//PE_Patch.Juba

quarantined: Trojan program HEUR:Trohan.Win32.Generic (modification)  file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32\tcwicore.dll

Is this a know issue and what is the best course of action?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Your virus checker is mistaken. Note the "HEUR" - this is short for "heuristic" and means that it is simply guessing based on characteristics of the files rather than a known signature. I'll also comment that these are all Inspector XE files, not Fortran - I am going to move this to the Inspector XE forum as others might see something similar. Some virus checkers look at how recently a file was created.

You should "remove from quarantine" the files and pat Kapersky on the head. (I will note that Kapersky has a reputation for more false positives than some other antivirus solutions.)

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Inspector XE 2016 Update 2 is latest update in latest Parallel Studio.  Did you mean that Kapersky reported virus on files under Inspector ONLY? They were tccore.dll, tlcore.dll, tcwicore.dll - you reported.

After installing Inspector XE 2016 U2, there is no tlcore.dll under Inspector XE 2016\bin32 - checked. Is it possible that you can uninstall Inspector & delete Inspector installation fold manually (if any), then reinstall Inspector product instead of Parallel Studio (you can download from https://registrationcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?ProductID=2630). What will happen?

Is there same issue from others who use Kapersky?

0 Kudos