Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Vtune Profiler error - when doing with windows exe app

SanjayKumar123
Beginner

Vtune  Profiler Error - Cannot profile the managed part of the target process. Internal error. Only native part of the target process will be profiled.

We are running Vtune profiler for windows exe app.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Can you please share the below information for better understanding of the issue.

1. The steps to reproduce the problem, as well as the operating system (for example, Windows 10, linux: Ubuntu 18.04.1, Centos8).

2. The version of Vtune you are using (if it is old, please upgrade) and the steps to reproduce your problem. (if possible attach screen shots too)

3. If possible, a sample reproducer or sample executable.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
SanjayKumar123
Beginner

Operating System - Windows 10

VTune version - 2021.7.1

I am running Vtune Profiler on my latest version of Release Application (exe) . I am not getting any application log only system and other logs. Its showing warning to me  - Cannot profile the managed part of the target process. Internal error. Only native part of the target process will be profiled.

Screenshot attached  

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Could you please try the below steps:

1. Upgrade Vtune to the latest version. (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/vtune-profiler-download.html)
  2. After upgrading to the latest version please try to run matrix.exe using Vtune which is located at <installation path>\VTune\Samples\matrix (Please run Vtune as administrator)
  3. If you are not facing the same issue with matrix.exe, please share a sample reproducer so we can try it from our end.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Could you please try the above steps and give us an update?

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos