Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Vtune crash on sampling

ncc81701
Beginner
Hi,

Whenever I start sampling on Vtune, vtune crashes with the following message.

java: config_n_control.cpp:582: signed int TBSInitDriver(): Assertion `dwConfigID == 0' failed.

This happens when I try to start sampling (even the demo program) on vtune from both GUI and command line versions of Vtune. I have found a message on this board a few years back where someone had the same problem but there was never any reply and it does not seem like the issue was ever resolved. I was wondering if anyone know what might but wrong.

I am running vtune on Fedora 8.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Please refer tohttp://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/239147.htm tocheck if you installed the prouduct on supported system.

2. If yes, ensure if you login "root" user or other user which is in "vtune" group

3. If yes, ensure if you have vtune driver loaded in the system - "lsmod | grep vtune"

4. If yes, you can try sampling data collection without application, like as "vtl activity -c sampling -d 10 run"

5. If 4) failed, probably a) vtune driver state is incorrectly - restart the system. b) some vtune components have not been installed correctly - uninstall/re-install the product.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos