Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5063 Discussions

Ways of collecting loads and stores per function from vtune

Jay14
Beginner

I just wanted number of loads and stores for every function. I was able to get this by using memory-access analysis but just for collecting this data I have to too much overhead. Is there any other way to get this. 

I had seen the custom analysis using -collect-with runsa/runss. Is it possible to get it from these utilities. 

Thanks & regards  

Jay   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

We have informed the concerned team regarding your query to get number of loads & stores and cpu time using custom analysis. We will update you soon.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Here are few ways to reduce the overhead of memory-access analysis:

1.Setting the 'dram-bandwidth-limits' knob to 'false'

2.Setting mem-object-size-min-thres to a higher value (default is 1024B)

3. Increasing the sampling interval (reduces the number of interrupts and the number of samples collected )

Collecting load store is possible using runss. 

However that would require manually adding all the events to the 'event-config='. Also, these events would vary based on your platform. Here is a reference to the performance monitoring events: https://perfmon-events.intel.com/

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks

0 Kudos