Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Why this error: file is corrupted or has an unrecognizable format?

leech
Beginner
Hi,

I am using vtune to profile a speech recognition program. But after I chose the file in the Quick Performance Analysis Wizard, I got the following error:

03/27/2003 04:52:07 ERROR: File 'I:wangpengworkKeyword_connectedmanual_labeled ec_gui_test_true_confidence_kwdb_viterbi_beam_vtuneDebug est_word_boundary.exe' is corrupted or has an unrecognizable format.

I don't have any idea what can cause such an error. I looked up the help but found nothing related. Can anybody give me some tips?

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Leech
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Daniel_B_Intel2
Employee
hi Leech!

is there is something special with this "exe"?
can you run it w/o VTune from the command line?

let's try to understand what collector gives you this error. most likely that the call graph.
please try to start a call graph wizard for the same executable. Does this erorr happens? at what stage?
if not, try the sampling wizard.

the best and fast if you can attach your "exe" here, so we can analyze it.

if not, then at least the output from the
dumpbin /all your.exe
can help us to understand the problem
-daniel
0 Kudos
leech
Beginner
Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I cannot figure out anything special with this exe file. The error happens when I am creating a new project. After I choose the exe file and press "Next" button on the wizard dialog, I got the error. I tried the same project creating process with another program and all works ok. Then I compared the too programs' compiler link options and make them look the same, but the error still exists. (I use Visual C++ 6.0 under Windows2000 server as the development environment.)

My exe file needs to read and write various files, so perhaps you cannot run it properly. But I can still attach it with this post. Please run it from the extracted paths as is.

Thanks for your help!

Leech
0 Kudos
leech
Beginner
Hi, Daniel,

I found what has caused the error. In the path name of my exe file, a folder's name has Chinese characters in it. If I changed all the path name into English, the error disppeared and I can create a project successfully. I guess this is a possible bug of VTune.

Leech
0 Kudos
Daniel_B_Intel2
Employee
Leech,

great news! waiting for your new questions :-)!
you can submit your findings to the support.

-Daniel
0 Kudos
leech
Beginner
Daniel,

Are you employee of Intel?

Leech
0 Kudos
Daniel_B_Intel2
Employee
to be honest, yes :-)
-Daniel
0 Kudos
leech
Beginner

Interesting... I think Intel is a very respectable company.

Btw, how can I contact the support?

Leech
0 Kudos
Daniel_B_Intel2
Employee
Leech,

Unfortunately, I don't know how to contact the support, I am not one of that team.
The best way you can do is to post a question in the forum. Some of the "hosts" Jeff or Gary should supply you the most reliable answer. You can send the mail to the "host", their mail is not hidden.(just click Gary or Jeff name(link))

-Daniel
0 Kudos
leech
Beginner
Thanks. I will write to them when necessary.

Leech
0 Kudos