Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Win/Linux: trouble with dynamic library

dfumento4
Beginner
Hi,
1. I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in the Advanced Configuration Dialog and it says it still cannot finda dynamic library which is in the path. What should I do to diagnose the problem?
2. Also, how do I append to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable that already exists?
3. For some reason the client sometimes doesn't allow me to export/save in excel and I find that I have to exit the client and go back in again. Any recommendations?
Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Your environment variable could be modified by a shell command like

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = $LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /yournewpath

With some versions of Vtune, I found that the way to do this was to incorporate the environment variable settings in a script which does that and runs your test application. The settings in the dialog box didn't carry across multiple event gathering sessions.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Regarding Excel*, there are two ways to export data, one is from the embedded Excel worksheet. This sounds like what you have been doing. The other way is to use the File -> Export menu item. This allows you to export the data to a CSV file for importing into Excel later. Note: this item is only available when viewing the sampling data in "Table" view. To change to table view, right-click in the chart and select "View as -> Table".

The embedded Excel worksheet can be problemmatic. My recommendation is to never run Excel outside of the analyzer when using the embedded worksheet. And, use File -> Export whenever possible.

0 Kudos