Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

bus error for custom collection

kendall_f_
Beginner

Hi Intel experts,

I'm using the custom collection to get cache hits and misses for the L1, L2, and L3 caches on an image processing program. When I run the command on 50 frames, the collection works, but as soon as I increase it up to 100 frames it throws out "bus error (core dumped)" after amplxe generates 8% of the report. This is the command I'm using:

amplxe-cl -collect-with runsa -knob event-config=MEM_LOAD_UOPS_RETIRED.L1_HIT, MEM_LOAD_UOPS_RETIRED.L2_HIT, MEM_LOAD_UOPS_RETIRED.L3_HIT, MEM_LOAD_UOPS_RETIRED.L1_MISS, MEM_LOAD_UOPS_RETIRED.L2_MISS, MEM_LOAD_UOPS_RETIRED.L3_MISS -- ./run.sh

Do you know why I would be getting a bus error? I am able to run advanced-hotspots analysis on over 2500 frames so I'm unsure of why this collection wouldn't work on larger sets of data.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

When I run the command on 50 frames, the collection works, but as soon as I increase it up to 100 frames it throws out "bus error (core dumped)" 

I am not sure what you meant, I guess that frame number is your input parameter of program ? Can you please describe it in detail?

Is it possible that you can send private message to me with core dump? What is VTune Amplifier XE version you use?

0 Kudos