Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

mac viewer software download

Jianbing_C_
Beginner

Where can I download the Vtune amplifier XE view for OS X?

Thanks, Jianbing

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi:

If you've registered your VTune Amplifier software, purchased or eval, you should see it in the Intel® Software Development Products Registration Center.  For example:

mac-viewer.PNG

or

mac-viewer2.PNG

If you don't see it, please let me know which product you have registered.

0 Kudos
Jianbing_C_
Beginner
Hi MrAnderson, Where should I register the eval version I downloaed? Thanks! Jianbing
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Evals should be downloaded from https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/try-buy-tools and then you will be able to register your copy.

0 Kudos
Manfredo_d_
Beginner

Hi MrAnderson,

I have a student version of the Fortran compilers for Mac OS (Parallel studio xe composer 2017).

Is there a way to download the vtune amplifier (or the view software only)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Manfredo,

You have a new question that is different from the one that has been asked by the person that started the thread. When this happens, you should open another thread. This way, questions are organized in threads in the forums.

The following is the link to Intel® VTune Amplifier. You can download a trial version or buy it from this Webpage: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-vtune-amplifier-xe

0 Kudos
Manfredo_d_
Beginner

Well, actually my problem is very similar to the one that Jianbing C described, I am unable to download the Mac viewer. Following your link I cannot select Mac OS as platform, only windows or linux.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Even if your question is similar, it may not actually be the same, and even so, this thread died years ago. Please do not revive dead threads. It's okay if you chip in on a thread currently in discussion and say "I'm having the same problem". If you're just chiming in on a problem that you're having too, you're welcome to give more information to help us determine the problem and we'll be sure to let you know the answer as well. But if you want us to answer your question specifically rather than hoping to benefit from the results of investigation into someone else's question, make a new thread.

In this case, your question is actually different than the original, even though it seems similar (as a general rule, if you have the same apparent problem, but the solution that worked for them didn't work for you, your problem isn't actually the same; it probably has a different cause and a different solution). Also, if you create a new thread, it helps us at Intel answer you because there's stuff we can see that isn't visible to non-employees, which helps us make sure questions get answered and provides information that we may need to help you. If you just revive a dead thread, we don't get that information.

Anyway:

"I have a student version of the Fortran compilers for Mac OS (Parallel studio xe composer 2017). Is there a way to download the vtune amplifier (or the view software only)?"

With your student license? No. Vtune is not included in Composer Edition, only Professional and Cluster.

"I am unable to download the Mac viewer. Following your link I cannot select Mac OS as platform, only windows or Linux."

This is because Mac viewer is included with Windows or Linux, because it's not the full product - it's just the viewer. It wouldn't make sense to have a Mac specific license. Sign up for an Eval license of Windows or Linux and you'll be able to download the Mac viewer as a component - notice in the screenshot MrAnderson posted, that though he's circled the Mac viewer download in red, the product it is listed under is Parallel Studio for Windows. Keep in mind that eval licenses expire after 30 days.

You can download the VTune standalone trial here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-vtune-amplifier-xe/try-buy

-Alex

p.s. I went ahead and deleted the second copy of your post; it got posted twice.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Manfredo, has this answered your question? If I do not get a reply by Tuesday, April 25, I'll assume your question was answered and close the thread to prevent further resurrections.

0 Kudos