Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

meet a crash when invoke "modules" and "java" thread used 1365m and 100% CPU

azaonline
Beginner

CPUis Intel Xeon E5335@2.00GHz *2 (8 cores)
OS is Fedora
Compiler is ICC 11
I want to analyze my app.My appcanbe analyzed by vTuneat former machine, but met a crash on this server.
The app runs ok on vtune,but when I invoke "modules", always have a crash, and I had to kill the vtune.
I used "top" and found java used 100% cpu and more than 1300M.
at first I think maybe Hyper-Threading problem,but E5335 hasn't Hyper-Threading.
can you give me a hand?
thx a lot

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - azaonline

OS is Fedora
Compiler is ICC 11
I want to analyze my app.My appcanbe analyzed by vTuneat former machine, but met a crash on this server.
The app runs ok on vtune,but when I invoke "modules", always have a crash, and I had to kill the vtune.
at first I think maybe Hyper-Threading problem,but E5335 hasn't Hyper-Threading.
can you give me a hand?
thx a lot

Hi,

Because you said that your app can be analyzed by VTune Analyzer at former machine, I doubt it may be caused by environment.

1. Verify if you can run sampling with your application by vtl command line? I guess it works sinceyou said "The app runs ok on vtune"
2. Ithink that you may change JDK used by VTune Analyzer's GUI - suggest you to try "Sun J2SE 5.0or 6" instead of default "BEA JRockit" (do "export OTHER_JVM_BINDIR=Your Sun JVM/bindirectory"; then run vtlec)

Hope it gets better.

Regards, Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - azaonline

OS is Fedora
Compiler is ICC 11
can you give me a hand?
thx a lot

Hi,

Because you said that your app can be analyzed by VTune Analyzer at former machine, I doubt it may be caused by environment.

1. Verify if you can run sampling with your application by vtl command line? I guess it works sinceyou said "The app runs ok on vtune"
2. Ithink that you may change JDK used by VTune Analyzer's GUI - suggest you to try "Sun J2SE 5.0or 6" instead of default "BEA JRockit" (do "export OTHER_JVM_BINDIR=Your Sun JVM/bindirectory"; then run vtlec)

Hope it gets better.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos