Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

openSUSE 12.1 KDE install

Michal_Kvasnicka
Beginner
During installation of Intel Inspector XE 2011 Update 7 on openSUSE 12.1 KDE (64bit) I have got the following error message:

Intel Inspector XE 2011 Update 7: Cannot detect gtk library

and

Intel Inspector XE 2011 Update 7: The install program cannot detect a gtk
library on the system. The graphical user interface of the product requires gtk
version 2.4 or higher. Contact your system administrator to install a compliant
version of gtk or install the product on a compliant system.

Any hints or recomendation how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Michal_Kvasnicka
Beginner
After the installation I have got the following Warning message when I launch the inspxe-gui from the command line:

(inspxe-gui:14279): Gtk-WARNING **: /opt/intel/inspector_xe_2011/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so)

(inspxe-gui:14279): Gtk-WARNING **: /opt/intel/inspector_xe_2011/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so)

Is that only minor warning or any serious trouble?
0 Kudos
Rob5
New Contributor II

Michal,

This forum post looks similar tohttp://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=102403. Let us know if this post is uniquely different from the other.

Thanks
Rob

0 Kudos
Michal_Kvasnicka
Beginner
Yes, there are different, because each post correspond to the different product (Inspector and Amplifier).

Of course, these posts looks very similar.

Michal
0 Kudos
Igor_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Michal,
As Mark correctly mentioned in Amplifier-related thread, this warning may also signal some cosmetic changes in GUI in Inspector XE GUI.
Thanks
Igor.
0 Kudos
Rob5
New Contributor II

Yes, my apologies. I should have been more specific. My inquiry was more along the lines of determining if the behavior was different between the products in a way that would indicate a different root cause or unique situation.

-Rob

0 Kudos
nickwhiz
Beginner
nice information to tell thanks
0 Kudos