Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

pintool compiling on windows

Fei_P_
Beginner

Hi all,

I currently encounter a problem compiling pintool on windows. Below is the environment:

Visual Studio: 2012

pin: pin-2.14-67254-msvc11-windows.zip

To compile using the makefile, (inside makefile, linux command "cut" is used) I install cygwin (make, cut).

According to the release note: http://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/pintool/docs/67254/README

Running commands:

cd source\tools\SimpleExamples
make opcodemix.dll

It should work. However it shows there is no target "opcodemix.dll". After deleting the ".dll", it starts compiling. But still, it shows this error:

E:\pin-2.14-vc11\source\tools\SimpleExamples>make opcodemix.dll
make: *** No rule to make target 'opcodemix.dll'.  Stop.

E:\pin-2.14-vc11\source\tools\SimpleExamples>make opcodemix
cl     opcodemix.cpp   -o opcodemix
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 17.00.61030 for x64
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'o' has been deprecated and will be rem
oved in a future release
opcodemix.cpp
opcodemix.cpp(41) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pin.H': No suc
h file or directory
<builtin>: recipe for target 'opcodemix' failed
make: *** [opcodemix] Error 2

Could anybody help me to solve this by either going further in this way or point out another way I can try?

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The error states that pin.h is missing from the include paths.  Did you try to resolve this?

Searching for web references, attempting to find out where you may have downloaded the zip file, it appears that it's necessary to join a yahoo group and post questions there.  Did you succeed in doing that or find an alternate?

The yahoo requirement seems a large potential obstacle, not one which could be solved here.   My yahoo accounts have been blocked for a long time.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Here is a link for additional information about the error 1083.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/et4zwx34.aspx

0 Kudos