Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

problem installing vtune_linux_9.1

glp40hs
Beginner
Hello, everybody. I hope you help

I'm Not able to install vtune_linux_9.1. when I call the installer (./install.sh), the following message appears:

ERROR: unable to find command 'patch'.
Please add the location to the above commands to your PATH and re-run the script
Press Enter to continue.

How can you succeed in installing? Stressing that have installed the C compiler and Fortran.

I thank you for your attention
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - glp40hs
Hello, everybody. I hope you help

I'm Not able to install vtune_linux_9.1. when I call the installer (./install.sh), the following message appears:

ERROR: unable to find command 'patch'.
Please add the location to the above commands to your PATH and re-run the script
Press Enter to continue.

How can you succeed in installing? Stressing that have installed the C compiler and Fortran.

I thank you for your attention

Please, check Release Notes if your Linux distributive is in the VTune supported OS list.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
As VTune expects that you have installed the g++ development environment, it would be strange that the patch utility isn't present on the default PATH (/usr/bin/patch, according to LSB). The most likely way for this to happen is you have destroyed the PATH local to the window you have open, in which case no command in /usr/bin would work, but closing the window and opening a new one would fix it. If you actually didn't install patch, use your software install tool to add it.
0 Kudos