Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

problem launching VTRemoteSvr.exe on PocketPC 2003

cqq
Beginner
hi
i am new to VTune and need help regarding some problems i faced using VTunewith PocketPC 2003.
i had installed VTune Performace Analyser 7.1 and an Update for Intel XScale Technology, Microsoft* Windows* Mobile 2003 version.
when i tried to launch VTRemoteSvr.exe on the target device, the error message i got was 'Initialize failed' and the program exits by itself.
the target device is running PocketPC version 4.2, and the processor is Intel PXA263.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

cqq:

The XScale technology update does not support off-the-shelf devices (except for the Viewsonic* V35). If this is something you bought at a store, it is probably not supported. Special features are needed in the OS image that is stored in the flash.

If this is a custom device and you would like help getting the analyzer working on it, please submit an issue at https://premier.intel.com.

0 Kudos
cqq
Beginner
so how to i add in those special features that is needed by the OS image? do i need Microsoft Platform Builder? and btw, the target device is an O2 XDA II.
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Basically, you can't, without the help of the OEM. You must have their BSP (board support package) and it must be built to enable support for the analyzer.

Please see www.shop-intel.com/shop/catagory.asp?category%5FID=84for information about Optimization Kits that Intel sells.

Message Edited by dlanders on 05-19-2004 04:54 PM

0 Kudos