Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

remote vtune using 9.0 build 24052

dat123
Beginner
I can't seem to make remote analysis work.

I have followed the instructions for DCOM (see below) , but without any joy (I've looked at
all the help relating to DCOM using a search for DCOM).

Note, I cannot find DbgExeCtrl, StandardExeCtrl using dcomcnfg. [ I do find and set the properties for tebscollector.]

My machines are not on a domain and both run XP Pro SP2; I am using the same user name on bothy machines.

When I try to create a new remote data collector I get a dialog box with:

"the remote system appears to have the necessary components for
remote access but DCOm is incorrectly configured" etc

followed by another dialog box that paraphrasing says:

E_ACCESSDENIED and two "dead" URL's for microsoft support articles which
no longer exist.

Are the any further instructions for making this work; any help would be greatly
appreciated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Remote Agents Running Microsoft Windows XP* and Microsoft* Windows* Server 2003 Family
Click the Start button and then click Run....

From the Run dialog box, enter dcomcnfg in the Open field, and click OK.

From the Component Services dialog box, expand Component Services.

Expand Computers.

Expand My Computer.

Expand DCOM Config.

Click No for any "DCOM Configuration Warning" message boxes that appear.

For each of these components: DbgExeCtrl, StandardExeCtrl and tebscollector, do the following:

Right-click [component name] and select Properties.

Click the Identity tab.

Switch from This user to The interactive user and click OK.
If you ever want to switch back to launching applications non-interactively, keep track of the previous settings and re-apply them at a later time. The password is the same password that was specified when running the VTune analyzer remote agent installer. In addition, after making this change, the user that logs into the system to interact with applications must be a member of the local Administrators group.

Close the dialog box to save the changes and dismiss the Component Services dialog box.
-----------------------------------------------
For Controlling Systems Running Microsoft Windows XP* and Microsoft* Windows* Server 2003 Family
Click the Start button and then click Run....

In the Open field, enter dcomcnfg.

From the Component Services dialog box, expand Component Services.

Expand Computers.

Right-click My Computer.

Select Properties.

From the My Computer Properties dialog box, select the Default COM Security tab.

Under Access Permissions, click Edit Default.

In the Access Permissions dialog box, allow access permissions for the user(s) that will be logged into the Remote Agent system and interacting with applications and click OK.

Under Launch Permissions, click Edit Default.

In the Launch Permissions dialog box, allow launch permissions for the user(s) that will be logged into the Remote Agent system and interacting with applications and click OK.

Click OK to close the My Computer Properties dialog box

Close the dialog box to save the changes and dismiss the Component Services dialog box.

You may now run the VTune analyzer on the controlling system to interactively launch applications on the Remote Agent system .

0 Kudos
0 Replies