Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

report generation, Error: Error 0x40000024 (Reporter error)

yilmazer
Beginner
Hi,

I am doing lightweight-hotspots analysis with vtune amplifier xe. I am getting this error, Error 0x40000024 (reporter error)- results directory does not contain CPU samples. If I look at the rresults directory I see there is 105MB of data there. Can you please help me solve this problem.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Usually when you ran your application shortly, and didn't specify "-duration n" - so collector haven't collected any sample.

Can you generate data by using below?

[root@NHM02 test]# amplxe-cl -collect lightweight-hotspots -duration 5
[root@NHM02 test]# amplxe-cl -report hotspots

-peter
0 Kudos
yilmazer
Beginner
If I ran it without givin an applicationname as a parameter to collect system wide data then yes I can generate report.
> ample-cl -collect lightweight-hotspot -duration 5

However if I run it with -duration 5 and withmy benchmark, I cannot generate report. Actually I am running cpu2006 benchmarks and they are running longer. And I have been able to generate data/reports with some of the benchmarks in cpu2006but couldn't get reports with some of them.

Thank you very much for your responce.
0 Kudos
Mark_D_Intel
Employee
Check that there is a file with a tb6 suffix present in the /data.0 directory.
If so, it appears to be a problem with the data loader.

Be sure to use the lastest version (Update 2) of Amplifier XE.

What hardware/OS are you using?
0 Kudos
yilmazer
Beginner
Yes, I do have a data file with tb6 suffix with a size of around 33MB.

I am running it on Intel Core i7 CPU with 2.6.16.60 Linux kernel.

The version of vtune is- 2011 Update 1 (build 128765). I guess I need to update to (Update 2).

So, hopefully this problem goes away with the newer version.

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
yilmazer
Beginner
Hi,

It turned out amplifier xe is not being able to associate the performance data to the application. Data related to the shown as attributed to "Other64+".

What do you think what could be the problem and can you suggest any solution?

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Maybe your data is old (raw data??), and you rebuilt the application. So please do performance analysis again.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos