Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
111alan
Novice

vtune 2021 0x40000024(no data) error for hardware event based sampling

Was testing some apps on an i7 11700K platform. Since the old parallel studio 2020 does not support this CPU any longer I installed the latest one-API. The problem is, the hardware event based sampling in all profiles stops working and throws a 0x40000024 no data error when finalizing. User mode sampling seems to have no issue.

The applications I'm trying to test work with older versions of vtune and cpu without a problem. And I've already updated the ME/chipset/serialio driver to the latest version listed on motherboard's vendor site(gigabyte Z590M gamingX). Any idea about what's the cause of this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Make sure that VTune self check script is running fine to validate that appropriate drivers are installed and the system is set up properly to collect performance data. See whether its working fine and share the log.

The self-check file for windows “vtune-self-checker.bat” and for linux “vtune-self-checker.sh” will be there in the <vtune-installation-directory>/bin64 folder if the VTune installation was done successfully.

Could you please let us know which version of vtune you are using?

Also share the OS details.

Thanks.

AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please give us an update ?

Thanks.

111alan
Novice

Sorry for the delayed response. Currently the platform is at another place, but I've confirmed that Cascade lake platform has no issue with new vtune(2021.2) on the same system. I'll ask my friend to check on Cypress Cove platform again for me. Thank you for your suggestion, I'll reply again when I have the results.