Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

vtune-backend can be redirected based on a certain path by reverse proxy?

mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have implemented reverse proxy successfully in vtune-backend. 

If there is any way to make vtune-backend based on a certain path?

For example:

I run the vtune-backend on c1 node (https://c1:12030/) and I want to use the url "https://head:8080/vtune/"  to open the vtune-backend.

Does vtune-backend have this param to implement it ? Just like the base url in Jupyter Notebook.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi,

We've just started enabling such a feature in VTune v2021.6.0. Please try this hidden command-line argument:

vtune-backend --url-path-prefix=/vtune

We'll eventually make this public, but you can already play with it. Please let me know if it works for you. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Did you try the hidden command line argument ? Let us know the feedback.

Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Hi,

Yes,I have used this argument. And it works.

But it seems that the argument can be only used by the reverse proxy authorization.

0 Kudos
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Do you want to put VTune behind a reverse proxy but keep VTune's passphrase authentication mode?

0 Kudos
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Can it be realized?

And Could you tell me when can this parameter be supported in oneapi base toolkit ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi,

I've tested passphrase authentication with a URL prefix and it works fine.

You must be using HTTP in your proxy endpoint instead of HTTPS. And VTune creates secure cookies on successful authentication. Since the browser talks to the proxy via HTTP then it doesn't send those secure cookies. This prevents users from access VTune GUI. Is it the case?

If so then either enable TLS for your proxy endpoint; or move authentication to the proxy itself and switch VTune to the reverse-proxy authentication mode; or if that's a pilot setup then you could switch VTune server to the anonymous authentication mode (not recommended).

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

We are checking on this internally. We will get back to you soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Raeesa

0 Kudos