Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

vtune memory-access report showing incorrect output

Naveedcharlow
Beginner

I am running vtune -collect memory-access ./main and I receive the output below. The main binary does a lot of random memory accesses on a large virtual and physical memory range.

Memory Bound
LLC Miss: 0.0% of Clockticks
DRAM Bandwidth Bound: 0.0% of Elapsed Time
LLC Miss Count: 0
Average Latency (cycles): 19
Total Thread Count: 2
Paused Time: 0s

The input seems incorrect since there are actually many LLC misses, and the uarch exploration report shows a 100% LLC replacement percentage (though the 100% result seems incorrect, too). On the other hand, other stats outputted by the uarch-exploration report (e.g., CPI rate) seem reasonable. Is there something I need to do to get vtune to work correctly? Is it possible that maybe vtune just does not fully support my CPU version and so only some of its features work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Please can you answer the following questions:

1. What is the version of Intel® Vtune that you are using?

2. Please can you share your O.S and processor details?

3. Please can you share the exact steps you followed and a sample reproducer(sample application that is similar to the application you are trying to analyze)?

Thank You,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Can you please share the details which are mentioned below?

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Vtune shows this kind of output only when an executable runs in negligible time or if there is some issue with your executable. Please make sure that there are no issues while running your executable.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos