Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

why VTune analyzer doesn't auto launch the .exe file which I added to "application to launch"

blueplant
Beginner
Hi,

I use VTune analyzercall graph + .net + all .net class(will .NET classes and all native modulesbe more reasonable formixed code testing???)profileto test an application built by managed. unmanaged an native code, I added the target .exe file to "application to launch" list but when running the activity, the .exe is not launched automatically and after seconds I got the warning message: "the results file is empty the view will close." and I tried to use script/batch invokine the application and add the bat file which will invoke the wanted application to the launching script but when running the activity got the same message...

VTune just starts collecting data itself right away without launching anythingand ends up in a very short time, finally, in the output panel I got this message:

Wed Mar 16 17:06:06 2011 ERROR: Can not find symbols for module: no symbol match for function with RVA = 102EA : mscorlib.dll.jit...

I tried it again this morning, I did't get the warning message: "the results file is empty the view will close." this time but still nothing launched and get "Can not find symbols for module: no symbol match for function with RVA = 102EA : mscorlib.dll.jit..." in the output panel.

But I can launch this application by double clicking this .exe file or the bat file.

My main concern is why the .exe is not auto launched by VTune...it's really disturbing me...

Regards,
Blueplant
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Blueplant,

Is it possible to attach a reproducer sample? Also, if there is an issue in VTune analyzer, this could be likely fixed in later releases. Maybe it makes sence to try Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 update 2 - is there the same problem or not?

Regards,
Kirill

0 Kudos
blueplant
Beginner

Hi Kirill,

Thank you for youe reply, I tried Amplifier and I am able to launch the executable this time.

Best regards,

Blueplant

0 Kudos