Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
480 Discussions

ERROR: Unable to find Intel(R) FPGA OpenCL platform.

manos_pavlidakis
Beginner

I have an Intel Arria 10 FPGA board and I have installed AOCL-pro-20.3.0.158-linux.tar and DE5ANET_DDR4_OpenCL_BSP_20.3.tar.gz. I have successfully programmed the FPGA, since aocl diagnose showed me that "DIAGNOSTIC_PASSED".  Also I compile a the bitstreams for vector_addition and fft. However, when I am trying to run the host code it shows me the following error

Initializing OpenCL
dlerror: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /opt/altera/intelFPGA/20.3/hld/host/linux64/lib/libintelocl_emu.so)
dlerror: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /opt/altera/intelFPGA/20.3/hld/host/linux64/lib/libalteracl.so)
ERROR: Unable to find Intel(R) FPGA OpenCL platform.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Are you using a supported operating system? It looks like your GLIBC is too old. Check Section 1.3 of this document for list of supported operating systems:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rn/archives/rn-qts-pro-dev-support-20-3.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Are you using a supported operating system? It looks like your GLIBC is too old. Check Section 1.3 of this document for list of supported operating systems:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rn/archives/rn-qts-pro-dev-support-20-3.pdf

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @manos_pavlidakis,

Greetings, as answer has been found on clarification asked, hence thread will now be transitioned to community support and we will no longer monitor this thread. Please do let us know if that it not the case, and for new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos