Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Error messages while following vector-add tutorial

JasperW99
Beginner

I tried to follow the vector-add on FPGA tutorial (https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OneAPI_Program_PAC_Quickstart/Arria%2010 ), but I keep running into error messages when I try to execute it on the hardware. The output I get is 

:: WARNING: setvars.sh has already been run. Skipping re-execution.
   To force a re-execution of setvars.sh, use the '--force' option.
   Using '--force' can result in excessive use of your environment variables.
./vector-add-buffers.fpga
Error enumerating AFCs: not found
Makefile.fpga:41: recipe for target 'run_hw' failed
make: *** [run_hw] Segmentation fault

I compiled it using

qsub -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2 build_hw.sh -d .

and I tried to run it on a node with an Arria 10 FPGA using 

qsub -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:arria10:ppn=2 run_hw.sh -d .

As source for the run_hw.sh I used:

#!/bin/bash
source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh
make run_hw -f Makefile.fpga

And for the build_hw.sh I used:

#!/bin/bash
make hw -f Makefile.fpga

Now is my question here, is there something wrong with my FPGA compilation flow, or does this problem have another cause? If you are able to run this tutorial succesfully, I would like to hear it too.

P.S. I hope I placed this under the right category

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JasperW99,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
May I know which nodes are you login into in the DevCloud?
In which steps in the tutorial mention that you are having the error?
The mention vector-add repo might been deprecated, you may refer to the one here with the latest updates and steps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
JasperW99
Beginner

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel,

Thanks for replying to my problem. I downloaded the vector-add repo again from your link, but I ran into the same problem. Compiling for the hardware goes without trouble, there are no warnings or errors. However, when I try to execute it onto the FPGA I get various errors. 

I invoke the execution with the following command:

qsub -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:arria10:ppn=2 -d . run.sh

The run.sh script:

#!/bin/bash
./vector-add-buffers.fpga

The script executed on the s001-n083 node and gave the following output:

/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/874552.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud.SC: line 4: 27287 Segmentation fault      ./vector-add-buffers.fpga
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 6: /etc/kill-illegit-procs.cfg: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-procs-1621947161.tmp: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-jobs-1621947281.tmp: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-procs-1621947341.tmp: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-jobs-1621947401.tmp: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: 13247 Killed                  ps --no-headers -eo uid,pid,ppid
     13248                       | sort -n
     13249                       | awk '{if ((2000<$1) && ($1<61184)) {print $0}}' >> $T

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JasperW99,

Apologies for the delayed in response, may I know which node are you compiling the design at?
Notice that some other customers seems to have the similar problem last week, and are able to compile successfully this week, might be due to environment instabilities.
Please do try again and let us know if it works.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JasperW99,

Greetings, unfortunately as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. there is some issues with the platform that we notice and relevant team has been informed as well as issues has been rectified, please do have a quick validate. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
JasperW99
Beginner

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel ,

Apologies for the delayed response, everything works again now. It probably had to do with the environment instabilities you mentioned.

Kind regards,

JW

0 Kudos