Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

FIM and BMC Firmware not available on Acceleration Board A10

FL
Beginner

I was installing OPAE on host machine, my PC, for Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA  and encounted the attached problem when ruuning the following command

$ sudo fpgainfo fme

Screenshot from 2020-07-03 15-26-22.png

Any helpful suggestion ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Since your PAC card is from 1.0Beta version, you will need to update it to 1.1 version before proceeding to 1.2.

So you will need to update the board to 1.1 PV before updating to 1.2 PV. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Follow the "Identifying and Updating FIM" section of the 1.1PV version of the Intel Acceleration Stack Quick Start Guide for Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA to first update to 1.1PV FIM (dcp_1_1.rpd).

Note: • It is acceptable to leverage the 1.2 OPAE packages when following the FIM update instructions from the 1.1PV version of the Intel Acceleration Stack Quick Start Guide for Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA.

• 1.1PV runtime download package can be located here. For access to the previous version of the Intel Acceleration Stack Quick Start Guide for Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA, refer to the "Intel Acceleration Stack Quick Start Guide for Intel Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel Arria 10 GX FPGA Archives" section.

2. Follow the instructions in the "Updating FPGA Flash and BMC Firmware" section in the current version of this document

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
43 Replies
FL
Beginner

The attachment is full log of what I was performing and the result.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Sure. Glad to be able to help on you on updating your board.

0 Kudos